WhatToDoInCancun.com is our website, where we offer our full range of products and services directly to consumers.
- What to Do In Cancun also works with affiliates who distribute our products and services to consumers through their individual websites. Typically, we host our affiliates’ product information and reservation pages, and manage payment and credit card information.
What information do we collect?
We receive and store any information you enter on our websites or otherwise provide to us. We collect two types of information from you on our websites, mobile applications, by email and through our service providers and distribution partners. Personal information is information that personally identifies you, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, postal and email addresses, username and password, and billing information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name and card expiration date). We also collect other information that does not personally identify you, such as gender, country of residence and other demographic information.
Information about others
You may have the opportunity to provide contact and travel information for others through our websites. If you “Refer a Friend” or if you purchase products or services for someone else through What To Do In Cancun , you must submit that person’s personal information. You must obtain the consent of others before providing us with their personal information.
Information from other sources.
When you visit WhatToDoInCancun.com or any of our affiliate websites hosted by us, our web server automatically recognizes and collects your IP address, which is assigned by your Internet service provider and does not personally identify you, web browser software, and referring website. To help us analyze the use of our websites and related services, and to send you more relevant communications, we also collect and track other information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited and searches and/or bookings provided or made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand our users’ interests and preferences and to personalize your user experience. For example, if you frequently visit Paris and London, we may send you special notices that list popular offers and products for those destinations. If you are subscribed to any of our email marketing communications, including newsletters and destination alerts, you are required to disclose personal information, such as your name and email address, and other information, such as your country of origin.
If you book a tour or excursion with third party vendors provided by What To Do In Cancun, we will collect your payment information, including your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code and billing address. We may offer members the option to save information related to the payment method and option on our websites. If you store such payment details on What To Do In Cancun, you may add, delete or modify that information at any time in your account settings.
Location and other device information
When you use an application on a device, we will collect and use information about you in a generally similar manner and for similar purposes as when you use the What To Do In Cancun website. In addition, we may collect information about your location if you have instructed your device to send such information to the app through the privacy settings on that device, or if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. We may use location information collected from your device or photos to enhance your use of the App by providing you with relevant content and contextual advertising. For example, we may use your location to show you tours or excursions near you when you travel. You can change your device’s privacy settings at any time to disable the functionality to share location information with the app and/or the functionality to tag your photos with location information. Please note that disabling location sharing may affect certain features of our app. If you have any questions about your device’s privacy settings, we suggest that you contact your device manufacturer or your mobile service provider for assistance.
You may contribute to the What To Do In Cancun websites in a variety of ways, such as writing reviews, uploading photos, completing your public profile, and rating other users’ contributions. We may store these contributions (your “Content”), display them publicly on our websites and apps and those of our affiliate partners and distributors, show them to other users, share them with our affiliate partners and distributors, and use them for promotional purposes. . Please note that if you include personal information in your content, it may be used and viewed by others. We are not responsible for the information you choose to include in your content.
Cookies, and how we use them
Cookies” are pieces of information that your web browser stores on your computer’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies themselves only identify your computer; they do not identify you personally.
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Cookies-frequently-asked-questions
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647&p=cpn_cookies
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
Third Party Cookies: What To Do In Cancun and its affiliated websites are committed to providing you with relevant content and information on our sites. To do so, we may collect information about your searches and other site activities and use third-party advertising companies to serve ads while you visit our websites and we allow these companies to place and access their own cookies on your computer in the course of serving ads. Such advertisers do not have access to the information we collect through What To Do In Cancun cookies. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not ours.
Web Beacons: Our websites may also use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are small graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a web page. We use web beacons to monitor user traffic patterns from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to learn whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third party website, and to improve site performance. We may also allow our service providers to use web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
How we use and disclose your personal information
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To register and manage your account, including to enable your access to and use of our site; to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about What To Do In Cancun and invitations from the What To Do In Cancun family of companies
- To provide you with the information you are requesting about our products
- To send you email marketing messages and information
- Enable our external suppliers to comply with their reservations
- To confirm your purchases
- To ensure that you are billed correctly
- To allow us to publish content that you send us on our family of websites and in our applications – To measure and track demographic details about our customers
- To target the content of our website to better match your interests and personalize your experience with What To Do in Cancun, including customizing the advertisements displayed.
- Target appropriate content for email marketing messages to best match your interests
- To answer your questions and comments
- To measure interest in and improve our products, services, websites and applications
- To notify you about offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to youTo notify you about offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you
- To solicit information from you, including through surveys
- To resolve disputes or solve problems
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- As described in another way at the point of collection
- Tailor our products and services to meet your personal interests and the way visitors use our sites, applications and social networking resources.
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Analyze and improve our communications and marketing strategies (including identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites.
- Protect and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
We will provide you with choices regarding the use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Sharing with social networking services
Sharing with third party suppliers
We also share your personal information with third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, survey or sweepstakes distribution, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our websites or applications or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as necessary to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. We currently contract with several third-party online partners to help manage and optimize our online business and communications. We use the services of third-party marketing companies to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our website. To do this, we use web beacons and cookies provided by such marketing companies in connection with our websites. The information we collect helps us learn such things as which pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products our customers are most interested in, and what kinds of offers our customers like best.
Sharing with reference websites
Other ways to share
We may also use or disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with lawful and enforceable subpoenas, court orders or other legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public or governmental authorities, including public or governmental authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions or otherwise establish or exercise our legal rights; (e) to protect and defend our rights, property or safety or those of any of our affiliates, our customers or others; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, you or others; (g) to enable us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages we may sustain; (h) to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected illegal activities; (i) in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation or sale of assets, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy; or (j) as required by law.
We may use and disclose other information for any purpose.
In some cases, we may combine other information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we combine any other information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information, as long as it is combined. We may also share aggregated or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website or the most popular excursions or tours. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services that we hope will be of interest to you.
Email communications you can expect to receive from What to Do In Cancun
We may send you marketing emails with information about What to Do In Cancun offers, product and destination news, deals, contests and other special promotions that we think you will find valuable, interesting or informative. We will provide you with choices regarding our use of your personal information for marketing purposes. If you are no longer interested in receiving future email marketing communications from What to Do In Cancun, you have several options to opt out of future mailings:
You may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions and link included in each email marketing message we send you.